Solar Power Facts: Understanding the Benefits and Importance of Solar Energy
About Solar PowerTogether with the depletion of the earth's natural resources, is the inevitable production of undesirable by-products caused by the manufacture of artificial sources of energy from coal, fuel, natural gas and the like. Solar energy is not only renewable but it is clean, safe and does not harm the environment. Harnessing solar energy does not cause the production of harmful chemicals and therefore, does not contribute to the greenhouse effect which is causing the global warming which we are currently experiencing.
Also, unlike other sources of fuel, because solar energy is renewable it helps reduce your energy costs. It does not take much solar energy to power an average-sized home.
It is also quite easy to install. Included in its system is an associated mounting and electrical equipment, an inverter and the solar panels. When you want to turn light into electricity, the solar panels which are often called (PV) photovoltaic panels are the ones that make it happen.
You can also use solar power to capture the sun's heat and use it to power hot water systems. When you have enough solar panels installed in your home you would have readily-available power generated from the panels, which will help save you money, for you don't have to buy power from the grids once you have installed the solar PV in your home. Furthermore, if you generated more power than you intentionally need at any time, the excess power can be exported to the power grid and you will be helping to create additional source of energy.
Solar Power Facts:
- There are many uses for solar power, some of them include: drying your clothes, heating water, keeping attic fans operating, heating swimming pool, energizing/charging small electrical devices and appliances, providing enough power to operate the lights in your home inside and out, and finally, it can be used to power cars, to name a few.
- When there is no sun available, you can always have an arrangement for a battery pack as a power storage unit and a back up. This means you can still have stored power available for your home without needing the sun's energy for it.
- Although its appearance is simple, it's consistent in its efficiency when delivering power for your needs.
- Even if solar power systems are expensive in other areas, as technology continues to progress, prices are subjected to decrease as the demand for solar energy also increases.
- In any case that the power goes out, you will still have your electricity as solar energy-generated power is not affected by brown-outs initiated by the power companies. You never have to worry about losing your work from your computer or from a simple task as resetting your clocks.
Financial ConsiderationsThe Federal Government (SRES) Small-Scale Renewable Energy Scheme can reduce your upfront cost of solar power. Formerly known as (REC) Renewable Energy Certificates that are now called (STC) Small-Scale Technology Certificates are created when you install solar power in your area. You can help offset partly the price of the installation of your solar power system when you sell the STC. It is an offer usually made by your power suppliers, so you can pay less for your solar power system. But STCs are only created when an installation is performed by an accredited power supplier installer.
Through reducing the amount of power you purchase from your grid, installing solar PV can provide this ongoing cost savings for you. It depends on a range of factors if you want to know the amount of electricity you will save, like your individual electricity usage, the size of the system you had installed, and whether you have the optimal location where your solar system is installed.
There is no known guarantees that installing solar power can completely have the privilege of not paying your electricity bills. However, these are unlikely to happen when you have your solar power systems installed in the 1.5 to 2kw range, which most customers usually do.
The general fact remains that you'll be financially in good condition if you decide to export as much of your solar power as possible. For it's the houses that have low electricity usage during the day that benefits more than the houses that uses high electricity on the same day.
Environmental ConsiderationsYou can expect no production of air pollution or greenhouse gas emissions from solar power generation. Compared to the energy generated by the power supply companies, the energy that is used to manufacture the solar power system is small and it is paid back many times over the course of the life of the system. Not only will you reduce your upfront cost by selling your (STC), it will also be counted as part of the Federal Government’s (SRES). If you choose not to sell your STCs, the upfront cost of your solar power will be higher but you will still provide additional emissions reduction beyond the Small-Scale Renewable Energy Scheme is giving.
It is important that you note the improvement of technology in solar power is progressing quickly as the government is getting more involved in private investment increases and green energy solutions. There are smart people out there constantly in search of new ideas for further developing the use of solar energy into their lifestyle. It would be a wise move to get early on this band wagon.